• CCTV (closed-circuit television) is a TV system in which signals are not publicly distributed but are monitored, primarily for surveillance and security purposes.
• CCTV camera system is being widely employed as a security system for surveillance in offices as well as homes. It is used for monitoring purposes to keep a close vigil. Not only in closed or private places; CCTV camera system extends as a security system in public and crowded places like traffic intersections, malls, shops, etc.
• CCTV relies on strategic placement of cameras, and observation of the camera’s input on monitors somewhere, Because the cameras communicate with monitors and/or video recorders across private coaxial cable runs or wireless communication links, they gain the designation “closed-circuit” to indicate that access to their content is limited by design only to those able to see it.
• Key Benefits:
• User friendly operation
High resolution & Good quality images
High compression ratio to save hard drive space and band width Power efficient to save running cost
Easy recording, search and back up
1. Deters Crime The presence of CCTV camera system for surveillance will reduce petty thefts and vandalism in shops, malls and other public places.
2. Helps Maintain Records The images and videos captured by a CCTV camera system are often recorded and stored into a database.
3. Protects Employees This is particularly helpful in customer service centers. The employees providing customer service may sometimes be subjected to verbal abuse or physical attacks. . CCTV camera system helps to identify such instances and act immediately. It is also helpful to keep a tab on the activities of the employees
4. For Evidence in Lawsuits In legal cases of thefts and other forms of crime, videos and images provided by the CCTV camera system can serve as a valid proof and evidence against the defaulter. This assists in making legal claims as well.
• Essl,Hikvision, Honeywell, etc.